My visual system is a synthesis of my perception of nature, life and the world. That world of the tangible and at the same time ephemeral diversity of the forests of Costa Rica that prevails in my plastic proposal that I translate in sensual forms and metaphors.
My gestural and lyric abstract language is as broad as the wind when it blows on the trees, in that constant becoming and getting rid of life.
In my process, the morphologies I portray on the canvas are routes to the freedom of the cosmos and its multidimensional spaces and time, full of color and mysteries to be deciphered.
The colors of nature, the topography of natural territories, the fractalness of rivers, roads and vegetation in front of the movement of light and water, inspire me.
Below is a summary of my biography, with the most relevant studies, exhibitions, awards and publications.
- 2016- The Art Student League of New York Pat Lipsky "The Grammar and Vocabulary of Color."
- 2014- The Art Student League of New York summer program Larry Poons Studio
- 2013 Nuria Duran, Barcelona, Spain.
- 2011 The Art Student League of New York, New York. Larry Poons Studio
- 1996 Robert Reig school of Landscape Architecture L.S.U. BA.
- 1996. Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture, L.S.U. U.S.A. ‘Thesis Certificate of Excellence’.
- 1994. School of Architecture at Tulane University. EUA.
- 1986. Bartlett School Of Architecture and Planning, UCL. United Kingdom. 1986. The American College for Applied Arts. U.K.
- The Taste of Art, GZ Gallery New York Times Square, March 19-22 2018
- World Art Dubai, April 18-24, 2018.
- Gallery 76, Solo show, April 24 to May 1st. 2018.
- 2018- Embracing Raval, Galeria Zero, 23 – February 1 - March Barcelona, Spain.
- 2018- The ART BOX PROJECT NEW YORK 1.O WORK 5th of March - 17th of March.
- Fundación Creando Sonrisas, November 2017 – AG Gallery, San José, Costa Rica
- Individualized Exhibition, Galleria Zero, Barcelona, Spain, 1-15 December 2017.
- 2017- Red Dot Art Fair, Jorge Jurado Art Studio, Miami, FLA. - 6-10 December 2017.
- 2017- New International Artistic Realities Award by the Scientific Committee for artistic merits, Milan, Italy.
- 2017- The Best Modern and Contemporary Artists - Art Catalogue, Berlin. Germany.
- 2017 – Milan International Art Award, Milan, Theater Dal Verme, Italy.
- 2017- STIMULUS, Art23, London and Municipal Art Gallery of Piraeus, Athens, Greece.
- 2017- Milan international art award, by Vittorgio Sgarbi, Theater dal Verme, Milan, Italia.
- 2017- Caravaggio International Award. Palazzo Bramante, Piazza del Popolo, Roma, Italia
- 2017- International Goya Award, Grand Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona, España.
- 2017- Barcelona Biennial, Spain, May 2017
- 2017- Art Expo New York, “The Forest of the Mind”
- 2015- Klaus Steinmetz Contemporary Art. “Topografías Abstractas”
- 2013- Experiencias Únicas, subasta, Fundamentes.
- 2012- Grupo Contemporáneo, Avenida Escazú. Costa Rica
- 2012- Experiencias únicas, Subasta, Construyendo Vidas. Costa Rica
- 2012- Centro Costarricense de la Ciencia y La Cultura- Fundación Vida
- 2012- Casino, Avenida Escazú, Costa Rica
- 2011- Here & Now. Forum I. DesPacio/ Bodega 02. Costa Rica
- 2018 – New Berliner Art Book 2018, Berlin, Germany.
- 2017-Francisco Goya International Award Catalogue, curated by Francesco Saverio Russo, Teatre del Liceu, Barcelona, Spain. Serradifalco Publisher.
- 2017- Art International Contemporary Magazine Issue #3, EA Editore
- 2017- “Organic Abstraction and Life” by curator Ralph C. Valley, https://curatorial-poetry.yolasite.com/Organic-abstraction-and-life.php
- 2017 February - La Amenaza. Revista Arte Al Límite, por Andrés Isaac Santana
- 2015 March – Art and Shop. María Galera, Meet the artist
- 2015 March - Artículo Klaus Steinmentz
- 2015 February – Conversation between Federico Herrero and Javier Martén